Yes, I have been playing tag with the children in the park. And I have apparently been tagged by Life and other misadventures to answer a set of random questions.
Which is only slightly different, in that it doesn’t involve shrieking and running around with my hands in the air. Although come to think of it, that’s an idea…
Ok, so here come the answers.
1. What things do you like to do to unwind when you’re stressed out?
In no particular order: Eat Haribo sweets, have a bath, dance to very loud music, phone a friend, and a recent addition: Tackle Mr Nice into a very, very long cuddle.
2. What was your earliest memory?
Sticking my fingers into an electric socket. Educational stuff.
3. What was the best Halloween costume you ever wore?
I’m afraid my country
is mostly unbothered about lacks in the Halloween department. I may have worn a witch’s hat once…I’m not even sure. Sorry, yes, I know, I’m a Philistine…
4. What’s on your “bucket list?”
Now, this could take a few hundred pages to answer. Excerpts would include trying kite-surfing, telling my friends how much they mean to me, making mosaics and paragliding again, giving up owning car, getting married, visiting my family in New Zealand, taking a year off to travel around with the kids, living in a zero-emission house, learning more about photography, forgiving T, finding my dream job, making a difference.
5. What’s the worst job you ever had?
I once worked for a really mean old lady who terrified me. She never got my name right, and never had anything nice to say either. All in all, a particularly joyful (and astonishingly long) four months.
6. If you could change one thing about life, what would it be?
The New Ms T would grow a green moustache.
Seriously? I don’t know, world peace, and the end of poverty, that kind of stuff I guess.
7. What’s your favorite thing to eat when you cook for yourself (or snack you eat over the sink when no one’s around)?
Most days, I have to think up and prepare balanced meals for myself and my two
ungrateful brats children who will invariably proclaim they prefer E-number-loaded soups out of a brick to my lovingly prepared cream of courgette. Whenever I’m on my own, I tend to go for an ultra lazy, totally random approach. I root around and graze on whatever takes my fancy and requires minimal effort: Crisps, leftovers fish, toasts, salad, chocolate. No, not all mixed together, I’m not that crazy.
8. What’s your biggest motivation for getting up in the morning?
At the moment, strictly none, which means that I tend to run late and end up nagging grumpy children through our morning-routine-on-speed, and promising myself that tomorrow, I will get up on time. Really, I will.
9. What song describes you?
Loads of songs, it entirely depends on the moment. I guess this last couple of months, it could be Rihanna’s “We found love in a hopeless place” ;)…
10. What was your favorite book as a child?
I used to be a fan of Grain d’aile by French poet Paul Eluard. It’s about a little girl who grows wings… Used to make me dream. And I should really read it to my children!
11. If you knew you would be stranded on a desert island for several years and you could only listen to music you’d brought with you, which five albums would you put in your suitcase?
Wow, that’s hard. I would probably go bonkers, and end up singing, taking up the guitar again, remixing the albums or something… Anyway, mmmm, I would take Grace by Jeff Buckley, Just like blood by Tom McRae, Dolorès by Jean Louis Murat, Bossanova by The Pixies, and perhaps something random like Shakira’s Sale el Sol…
Phew, that did get my brain cogs going, thanks Life and other misadventures!
I’m supposed to designate more bloggers to answer my dodgy questions now, so hahaha, don’t all look away and pretend you’re not here. My victims will be Kim, Pat, Separated Dad, Caroline and Big Red Dress. Good luck!
1. Why is the sky blue?
2. What time did you get up this morning?
3. Shower gel or soap bar?
4. Favourite cheese?
5. Do you vote (I really hope you do. No pressure)?
6. Have you ever tried to limit your carbon footprint?
7. What did you wear on your wedding day?
8. Favourite cocktail?
9. What’s the capital of Burma (Myanmar)? No cheating.
10.What was the highlight of your day?
11. Do you wear pyjamas to bed?
I think I’m supposed to answer my own dodgy questions too, but I am feeling a bit lazy, and don’t want to give away the answers, yeah yeah yeah, I saw you looking hopeful there for a moment… But no.
Tom Mc Rae – You only disappear, absolutely stunning song, prepare to be moved…